Thursday, October 21, 2010

sweet, sweet reunion.

You know one of the things I love most about weddings?

The way it brings people together.  Old friends.  New Friends. Family.  And it's not just a huge reunion for the couple to see everyone again, it's a sweet sweet reunion for the guests as well.

In the past couple of years I've been to a few "reunion" weddings.  The first was for my friends Tim and Laura Garmey.  I went on a summer project with them to Yellowstone along with 30 other students from all over the U.S.  Tim and Laura met on the trip, so naturally, we were all invited to their wedding.  Although not all of us made it, it was so much fun coming together for Tim and Laura's big day, and to catch up on our lives.

A few weeks ago I attended another "reunion" wedding of sorts for my friends from home, Joe and Deb.  Being in Los Angeles, with a majority of my friends from home off at college, it's rare that we get the chance to all be in the same place in...October.  Thanksgiving, and definitely Christmas, are the times where we spend day after day hanging out, watching Elf, and eating at Denny's -- but October -- this was truly an exciting weekend for everyone involved.


It's just another reason why I love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment