Sunday, January 16, 2011

fashion: vera wang

Fashion has become a real passion of mine lately.  For me, it's fun to create different looks -- to combine what I have in new and unique ways that express my personality.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in creating something new I take twice as long to get ready for work...

The same is true when choosing a wedding dress (I'm not doing this anytime soon, but I can't say I don't love looking).  The search for the perfect dress is not only about how it fits and what it looks like, but how it makes you feel -- if you feel like yourself in the dress.  Well, if you're a ruffle kind of bride, I think you'll love Vera Wang's 2011 Spring collection.  You may have already seen this around, but I thought it was too good not to feature.

It's no secret that Vera Wang is an extremely talented designer, so it's no surprise that her new collection showcases that talent.  A lot of times with high fashion some pieces are a far stretch for the average person to wear, but many of these unique dresses are not just meant for the runway.  And a lot of them aren't the conventional white -- also another trend we're seeing in the wedding industry.  Goodbye white, hello ivory, peach, silver?  Below are some of my favorites!

Ruffles.  With a twist.
A unique mix of textures -- and I'm really loving the peach color.  Such a soft look.
What do you think about this gray?

No comments:

Post a Comment